Thursday, December 29, 2011

Introductions and Welcomes

Hello All,
Welcome to The CurlyTop Chronicle...
Let me introduce myself. My name is Tomika and CT, (CurlyTop) is my hair. CT and I have been through a lot over our lifetime but the most challenging time that we have experienced together was during my 18months of transitioning back to natural hair. Now, let me clarify that statement...
The dictionary defines the word transition as 'a movement, passage or change from one position, stage or state to another'. Transitioning hair back to its previous state or stage can pose challenges. My transition was a time of reintroduction, redevelopment and re-learning about my hair and its natural state. CT would in most cases rebell, sometimes cooperate and in the rare occation she would do exactly what I told her making it a great hair day!

But I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I big chopped (bc'd) a mere 2 months ago but I transitioned for 18months prior to that getting to know my new tresses patiently awaiting for CT to reveal more of herself to me and low and behold, she did. Little by little I have gotten to know my textured strands and I have been getting better and better at hair styles, and even caring for my hair.
Stay tuned for pictures...
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment